With limited access to stores, restaurants, entertainment and basically all of the usual amenities we are used to “normal” times, it can be frustrating to feel limited in what you can do or buy, and whom you can see in your day-to-day life.
I’ve heard from so many people that they are feeling stressed and challenged by the fact that we are all getting by with so much less than usual, especially when it comes to food and eating differently from what we’re used to.
You many not have access to all the convenience foods and products that you usually do, and you may find that you’re cooking from scratch more than you’d like (and using ingredients that may not be typical for your diet).
But feeling frustrated and anxious about this turn of events isn’t going to help you to get through it more easily, and it certainly isn’t going to help you stay on track with your healthy eating.
n this video, I talk about how you can interpret this “enforced minimalism” in a different way, and transform it into something wonderful that you can take going forward beyond COVID-19.
- Without all the usual sources of joy and pleasure, we can feel like we’re living life with much less than what we are used to
- How this principle applied to my friend’s elderly parents who moved into an assisted living home after owning their own home for over 40 years
- One main cause of stress for most of us in this “enforced shelter at home” and why it feels so stressful
- How I ended up living without any of my possessions for 3 months and how it affected me
- Why this current situation feels like suffering and what you can do to pull yourself out of that
- Subscribe to my email newsletter
- Work with me to ensure you stay on track with your healthy diet during this time.
- Free Facebook group: Freedom with Food Restrictions (mention that you learned about it here!)
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
Leave a Reply