When life changes quickly, there’s no doubt it can be stressful.
Whether you’re dealing with a once-in-a-century event like COVID-19 and the ramifications to people all over the world, or whether you’re adapting to a new structure in the household once the kids have left for college or you are starting your life in retirement, it can trigger a plethora of emotions.
Anger, sadness, frustration. . . these are all emotions that can rise to the surface when you are trying to adapt to a new way of life.
It’s important to note that these emotions are all normal, and they needn’t wreak havoc in your life. However, in order to work through these sometimes uncomfortable emotions, we need to first recognize, then deal with them.
In today’s video, I talk about one practice you can use to recognize the purpose and value of negative emotions.
- Why my husband and I got stopped by the police!
- How being sheltered at home can cause negative emotions
- The real concerns that so many of us have right now
- Possible negative consequences of negative feelings
- An action to take to reframe the negative in a more positive way
- How the Star Trek “mirror” universe concept can help here
- What to do with the emotions without trying to rid yourself of them or label them as “bad”
- The two steps to moving from negative emotion to something more positive, and gaining control
- Why this exercise is much more productive than suppressing the emotion or ignoring it
- Subscribe to my email newsletter
- Limited Time sliding scale One-on-One Coaching with Ricki (March/April 2020 only).
- Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Individual Coaching with Ricki
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- David Burns’s site, Feeling Good
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
Thanks for this video… negative emotion or just stressful emotion makes me eat way worst than normally.. but luckily no refiined sugar. 😀
Ricki Heller says
Glad it resonated, Kim. And yay for no refined sugars! 🙂