As I write this, much of the world is just heading into Stage 3 of the COVID-19 pandemic (if you’re reading this and don’t know what that is, lucky you! Just Google “2020: the lost year” or something like that).
Where I live, just north of Toronto, Stage 3 means mandatory masks in all public places and physical distancing (6 feet or 2 meters, depending on how you measure those things) and various other restrictions to your life and livelihood.
For me, it meant that I hadn’t visited the bank in person since February. Had it been up to me, I still wouldn’t have gone in, but I had a deposit that had to be made in the bank (they wouldn’t let me do it online, unfortunately).
While I was ready to stand in line outside, deal with a teller through at least 3 barriers (my mask, a plexiglas shield and her mask), I wasn’t quite prepared for the lesson I’d learn about human nature while interacting with the bank teller.
What I learned reveals a lot about human nature in general, as well as providing a lesson for anyone who strives to stay true to a healthy eating style.
If you’ve been struggling to stick with it and need a bit of motivation, you might want to listen in.
And once you watch the video, let me know what you think!
- How this experience compared to other public interactions during COVID
- How this experience was different from other public interactions during COVID
- A common response to a new challenge (such as living during a pandemic)
- What happens when you challenge common assumptions
- How you can take this information and use it to reframe your eating habits so it feels more positive and doable
- How your brain’s natural wiring can interfere with your attempts to eat differently
- What to do to take a different approach that can provide a useful way to approach your diet
- Grab the FREE GUIDE, 3 Simple Shifts to Stay on Track Right Now
- SIGN UP for a free clarity call with me to see how I can support you
- Work with me to ensure you keep your healthy eating on track during these uncertain times
- Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my email newsletter
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
Leave a Reply