“I’ve tried to eat healthy foods, but they just don’t taste as good as the “real thing.”
Have you found yourself thinking this way?
The thing is, if you’ve tried to change the way you eat in the past, you probably already know how important it is to change your diet, for your ultimate health and well-being.
Do you have debilitating symptoms when you eat “normal” food? Bloating? Acne or rashes? Fatigue that just won’t let up no matter how much sleep you get? Or maybe you find that your thoughts are foggy and you can’t concentrate, even with several cups of coffee to boost your brain.
Eating the foods that your body needs to heal shouldn’t be an afterthought. If you want to feel better and, ultimately, live the life you know is possible for you, then you need to change the way you eat. Not just sometimes, but all the time.
When I first starting eating an anti-candida diet, I thought I’d never be able to change my foods, either. The new stuff just didn’t appeal to me.
But over time, that all changed. Today, I am basically “immune” to sugar, processed foods, and any of the junk I used to live on–like Betty Crocker frosting, sugar donuts, Big Macs, May Wests, and the entire line of Little Debbie’s baked goods.
How did that happen?
I allowed myself to eat the healthy food long enough to (a) feel better and (b) start to love it.
How does that happen? I talk about two shifts in perspective that can make a difference in today’s video.
- Why it’s imperative to look at the idea of “loving food” in a slightly different way
- One consideration to show that food you love now can change
- My own experience baking conventional baked goods for a restaurant, and how I knew when things had shifted for me
- How long it takes for tastes to change
- What it will take for your tastes to change
- How I react to foods full of sugar, gluten and processed ingredients now
- The way you feel today is NOT an indication of how you will feel once you start eating healthier
- My strange craving these days
- What if you fall off the wagon before you have a chance to change your tastes? Consider trying this instead
- How to stick with it and not miss any of your favorite foods
- The danger to your health over time when you keep going back to those old foods
- Part One: Loving Food Too Much to Change How You Eat
- FREE Guide, “Three Simple Shifts to Stick with it Right Now”! Sign up to grab it here.
- SIGN UP for a free clarity call with me to see how I can support you
- Work with me to ensure you keep your healthy eating on track during these uncertain times
- Subscribe to my email newsletter
- Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!