I hear this story from clients all the time.
Maybe you’ve been following a healthy diet because of some condition, like Lyme disease, candida overgrowth, SIBO or something else. Or maybe you need to follow a low-histamine diet, a low-oxalate diet or some other “free-from” diet, like gluten-free, sugar-free, or whatever.
You start the diet feeling motivated and knowing it’s going to be so good for your health. You’re happy with your progress, and feel like you’ve got a handle on it.
But as time goes on, you feel more and resentful of the restrictions on your food. You feel deprived, left out of social events, and like you can’t even have fun with your friends or family any more because you can’t eat “normal” foods.
And then, you rebel.
One day, you just snap. You’re sitting with people in a restaurant and everyone else is ordering exactly what they want: the fettucine, the pizza, the burritos, the chocolate chip cookies, the ice cream, the wine.
And you think to yourself, “To hell with it! I deserve this. I deserve to eat delicious foods and not feel deprived.”
And so, you eat it.
And the next day (or maybe even later that night), you pay the price.
You ask yourself, “Why did I do that? Why don’t I have the self-control?” and there’s the inevitable self-blame and anguish around “cheating.”
So let’s take a look at what’s going on. Because yes, of course you deserve to have all the most delicious foods in your life.
But you don’t deserve to suffer because of it.
That’s what I talk about in this video.
- The common dilemma I hear from clients all the time that results in falling off the wagon
- What you are really telling yourself that you deserve when you choose to eat those tempting foods
- How to look at the flip side of those thoughts so that you can focus on the food that truly helps you to reach better health
- What’s really underlying the choice to share in the foods that don’t work for our bodies
- How the notion of self-love relates to these food choices and what you can do to really practice self-love
- How you’ll know when you’ve really attained a high level of self-love
- FREE GUIDE, 3 Simple Shifts to Stay on Track Right Now
- Subscribe to my email newsletter
- Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Ricki’s other life: find my fiction writing here.
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!<