If you love the holidays like I do, it’s likely you also love. . . sweet treats!! But that’s not the first thing people think of when they think “sugar-free” or “candida diet.” I’m here to prove that you CAN have a delicious–even decadent–holiday season, and stay healthy, too.
Here are my top 15 favorite sugar-free* confections on the blog. You can feel confident serving these to anyone–I dare them to tell the difference between these refined sugar-free goodies and those made with sugar!
See, the holidays really can be sweet. 🙂
*No, these treats are not entirely free of ANY kind of natural sugars–they are free of refined white sugar and higher glycemic sweeteners like maple syrup, molasses, or dates. Even on an anti-candida diet (designed to starve the yeast), you can still enjoy lower glycemic sweeteners in stage 2 and beyond. While some of my recipes use stevia-only, many others use a combination of low glycemic coconut sugar + stevia. If that’s not for you, no worries–you can find loads of entirely sweetener-free recipes all over the web, too. Enjoy!
Pictured, clockwise from large photo:
- Sugar-Free Sugar Cookies (contains gluten; not ACD friendly)*
- Holiday Cookie Chocolate Bark
- Dark Cherry Tiramisu
- Mint Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark with a Protein Boost
- Holiday Nog
- Marzipan-Topped Shortbread (contains gluten; not ACD friendly)
- Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake (Panera’s knockoff)
- Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Coco-Nut Shortbread Buttons (this recipe also appears in Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free)
And not pictured:
- Rich and Creamy Carob Chai Latte
- Raw Gingersnap Cookie Bon-Bons
- Hazelnut Melting Moments (Thumbprint Cookies; not ACD friendly)
- Cinnamon Heart Sandwich Cookies (a great dough for rolling/cutting)
- No-Bake Chocolate Caramel Bars
- Granola Cookies
* A gluten-free version of this cookie appears in Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free.
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and news about upcoming events! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
[Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. If you buy using these links, I will earn a small commission that helps me to run this blog, while the price to you remains the same. Thank you so much for supporting rickiheller.com!]