Magnesium is an essential mineral that is involved in myriad body systems and offers many health benefits. Sadly, according to some sources, up to 80% of the population is deficient in this common nutrient!
If you deal with candida, magnesium becomes even more important. People with candida related complex (CRC) require magnesium to help usher candida-generated toxins from the body. One of the main by-products of killing candida is acetaldehyde, a neurotoxin that can cause symptoms that mimic drunkenness, as well as “brain fog.”
Magnesium aids a key enzyme called aldehyde dehydrogenaze (try saying that out loud three times!) to convert the toxic acetaldehyde into a more benign form called acetate, which can be flushed out of the body via the normal detoxification channels (normally the kidneys).
But if you deal with candida, you may need even more magnesium than the average person since candida itself eats up magnesium through various means.
In today’s video, I talk about ways to increase magnesium in your diet naturally.
Do you eat some magnesium-rich foods every day? Have you ever noticed a difference when you increase your intake?
- Benefits of magnesium in the body
- Three major impacts of magnesium deficiency on people with candida
- Why people with candida need extra magnesium
- Best food sources of magnesium
- Supplementation: how much is too much?
- Kale and Seaweed Salad [RECIPE]
- Arame (the mildest–and my favorite–seaweed)
- Kale Salad, Fully Loaded [RECIPE]
- Pumpkinseed Pesto [RECIPE]
- Homemade Superfood Chocolate [RECIPE]
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- The Sweet Life Health Club for ongoing support
Subscribe for recipes and more about sugar-free living! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive notice of recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
[Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. If you buy using these links, I will earn a small commission that helps me to run this blog, while the price to you remains the same. Thank you so much for supporting rickiheller.com this way!]