This past month, Kim and I chose Asparagus as our SOS Kitchen Challenge key ingredient, and set out a true “kitchen challenge”: could anyone actually come up with a (tasty) sweet asparagus-based recipe? Well, I’m thrilled to report that several of you rose to the challenge quite admirably!
The asparagus recipes flowed in all month, with many arriving down to the wire. Here are some of the highlights (you can find links to all these recipes and more in the linky list below):
- Asparagus-Herb Muffins from A Dash of Compassion
- Creamy Asparagus Pasta from Vegan Awakening
- Spring Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Corn from The Allergic Kid
- Simple Chilled Asparagus Salad from The Gluten-Free Edge
- Brown Rice Risotto with Asparagus from City/Life/Eats
. . .and The Sweet! (kudos to all of you for these incredibly creative dishes):
- Tropical Purple Smoothie from Glow
- Asparagus Muffins with Cashew Cream Frosting from Cara’s Cravings
- Asparagus-Orange Quick Bread from B & The Boy
All of your recipes look sensational!
Thanks to everyone who participated this past month. We were thrilled with every one of your 22 entries. 😀
Kim and I are currently putting the finishing touches on the kickoff post for May. . . a favorite ingredient that is used frequently on both our blogs. And we’re certain that everyone, wherever you’re located, can participate equally this month! Stayed tuned for the annoucement in a day or two. 🙂
[Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links. If you buy using these links, at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission from the sale.]
I was amazed to see the sweet asparagus dishes – now I am eager for a bit of spring asparagus here to try some of these recipes
How sad I missed your challenge again! I am so glad asparagus season has finally started, I am sure I can find lots of inspiration here.
Alisa Fleming says
OMG, I’m making those muffins!!
I know–they just sound so awesome! 🙂
mad impressed with those sweet entries, i’ll have to give them a try!!
Thanks for hosting the event. And I’m intrigued by the muffins, too!