[Chocolate Pumpkin Pôts de Crèmel
Have you been keeping up with Vegan MoFo? Now that I’ve backed out of the festivities because I knew I couldn’t keep up–well, here I am, posting virtually every day in October thus far! With our Ontario elections today (go out and vote, people!) and our Thanksgiving coming up (stay home and eat, people!), I’m pretty sure this bombarding-you-with-a-blog-post-a-day foolishness will come to an end asap (though don’t forget to come back tonight for this week’s Wellness Weekend, of course!) 😉
In any case, I couldn’t let the weekend arrive without offering my picks for Thanksgiving-appropriate recipes for the big weekend. My own feast menu is almost crystallized, but sadly, I won’t get the recipes posted until after the holiday–but hey, you can always use those for the next celebration (and believe me, you will want to save that dessert recipe for just that purpose. Swoon.).
For those of you who haven’t yet finalized all your dishes,
welcome to my world here are some suggestions for what might work at your Thanksgiving table. And don’t forget there are more anti-candida friendly recipes in my Anti-Candida Feast ebook (specifically holiday-themed), Desserts without Compromise and Good Morning! Breakfasts. 🙂
And to all my Canadian brethren, hope you have a fantastic long weekend. And if you’ve got a favorite Thanksgiving recipe to share, please leave a link in the comments section!
Happy Thanksgiving, all!
[NOTE: Not all recipes below are anti-candida friendly and/or gluten free. Where I’ve added “A,” it indicates ACD-friendly; “GF” indicates gluten free. Other recipes contain spelt or barley flour, or other natural sweeteners (maple syrup, Sucanat, etc.). You can replace Sucanat with coconut sugar to render many of these ACD-friendly. ]
- Vegan “Chopped Liver” (A, GF)
- Country Pâté (A, GF)
- Raw Nori Rolls (A, GF)
- Spicy Nori Snacks (A, GF)
- Red Lentil Pâté (A, GF)
- “Cheese”-filled Olive and Onion Bread (A, GF)
- Quick Cranberry-Apple Compote
- Celeri Remoulade (GF)
- Twice Baked Potatoes with “Sour Cream” and Herbs (A, GF)
- Miso Gravy
- Butternut and Edamame Hash
- Blueberry, Kale and Quinoa Salad with Fresh Blueberry Vinaigrette (A, GF)
- Classic Waldorf Salad (A, GF)
- Crimson Salad with Pecans and Pumpkinseeds (A, GF)
- Sweet Potato and Ginger Salad (GF)
- Apple and Red Wine Soup (A, GF)
- Pear and Parsnip Soup (A, GF)
- Roasted Squash and Apple Bisque (A, GF)
- Almond-Crusted Root Vegetable “Fries” (A, GF)
- Andalusian Asparagus (A, GF)
- Caramelized Baby Bok Choy with Cashews and Sesame Seeds (A, GF) (use coconut sugar for ACD)
- Peas in a Creamy Curry Sauce ( GF)
- Sauteed Greens with Onions and Apples (A, GF)
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Fresh Fava Beans (A, GF)
- Zucchini Pie (A, GF)
- Carrot-Pecan Nutroast (A, GF)
- Glazed Tofu Cutlets with Ginger-Cilantro Pesto (A, GF)
- Meatball Stroganoff (GF)
- Meaty Spinach-Pesto Lasagna (A, GF)
- Portobello “Steaks” (GF)
- Tagine of Chickpeas, Olives, Quinoa and Prunes (GF)
- Tempeh “Bourguignon” (A, GF)
- Raw Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Mini Pies (A, GF)
- Butter Tarts
- Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream (no ice cream maker required) (A, GF)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pôts de Crème (A, GF)
- Coconut Raspberry Truffle Cups (A, GF)
- Holiday Apple Cake
- Marble Cake
- Cinnamon-Crumb Coffee Cake (A, GF)
- Soy-Free Vegan Whipped Cream (A, GF)
- Spiked Sweet Potato Truffles
- Strawberries & Cream Triple Layer Cake with Pastry Cream Filling and “White Chocolate” Cookie Crumbs (A, GF)
- Apple Pumpkin Crumble Bars (A, GF)
- “Green Eggs” and “Ham” (A, GF)
- Chickpea ‘Quizza” (A, GF)
- Triple Corn Pancakes (A, GF)
- Rich and Creamy Carob Chai Latte (A, GF)
- Almost-as-Awesome-as-George-Clooney Muffins (A)
- Savory Muffins with Oven-Dried Tomatoes and Fresh Herbs (A, GF)
- Blueberry “Cream Cheese” Danish (or light cream cheese spread) (A, GF)
- Parsnip Mini-Loaves (GF)
- Quinoa-Oatmeal Croquettes (A, GF)
Looking for even more Thanksgiving recipes? Check out my mega roundup of 75+ Healthy Whole Foods, Vegan, Gluten-Free recipes.
In other news. . . my Meaty Vegan Lasagna recipe is one of eleven featured today on The Huffington Post Canada–yahoo! Hope you’ll check it out (and click on the “Rate It!” button to the right of the recipe to vote for me!) 😀
“Happy Thanksgiving! To us that just means more time to play with our humans! (And more treat, of course!).”
[Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links. If you buy using these links, at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission from the sale.]
Wow, what a great list of recipes! It’s so nice to have Canadian resources who post Thanksgiving recipes at the right time for me!
I’ve had a lot of fun posting Thanksgiving recipes on my blog this week too (feel free to check them out too!)
Happy Thanksgiving 🙂
Thanks, Genevieve, I will check them out! And please feel free to link in the comments. 🙂
Miriam @ Sometimes I Veg says
Oh Canada, I miss celebrating thanksgiving an appropriate distance away from Christmas. Because my house is in Candia, NH we sometimes do Can(eh)dian Thanksgiving as a celebration between Canadian and American Thanksgiving. Speaking of which, I really need to perfect my vegan french canadian meat pie.
I agree–so much better to have a couple of months to recover! And if you’re looking for a great vegan meat pie, may I be so bold as to recommend this one?
Maggie Muggins says
That’s one awesome round-up. You’re making me wish that I was hosting Thanksgiving this year just so I can make a bunch of these recipes. Can’t wait to hear about what you’ll be serving.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my elaborate main dish works out! But the dessert has already been tested and got 5 stars from the HH. 🙂
Thanksgiving seems like such a lovely holiday, shame we don’t have it in the UK. Love the roundup, thanks for reminding me of all the recipes I want to make! Next on the list is the Blissful chef’s red lentil paté..
Emma, that pate is spectacular! So easy and so good. 🙂
Andrea S says
Ok, so there’s my favorite dish of ALL TIME Tempeh “Bourguignon”!! I’ve posted about it so many times it looks like I’m a stalker. :O) I’m mad about it! Now that it’s fall, even here in SC, I’m ready to make it again. This will be a perfect dish for this weekend while I’m watching football!
Andrea, thank you so much! Did I know that you posted about it? If I haven’t commented, please leave a link so that I can go see your post and say thanks over there, too! 😀
Maybe the secret to doing mofo is to decide not to do it. It’s thinking about it that can drive you crazy. And reading and commenting on so many posts.
You should do a repeat post on the sweet potato frosting — that was a brilliant creation, and one that lets me make what looks and tastes like butter cream frosting without all the sugar and fat.
Ha ha–that’s true (I do tend to be an “over-thinker.”). 😉 I’ve got another recipe that uses the frosting coming up. . . so you will see it again soon! 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving to you, HH and the girls!
Thanks so much, Lisa! You, too! Hope you have a great time with your amazing family. 🙂
have a great thanksgiving – so much to celebrate coming up – we don’t have thanksgiving but we are in the midst of birthday season so I will be celebrating down under too
Thanks, Johanna! And looking forward to reading about all your celebrations, too. 🙂
Jennifer and jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan says
Yay! We are so excited for this weekend. We even have a vegan, gluten free pumpkin pie up our sleeves. Hopefully this time it will work…last time it was more like a…crumble-ish baked thing.
That pie sounds fabulous. And I love crumbles–shape isn’t important, but taste is!! 😉
Sara (The Veggie Eco-Life) says
That’s a whole lot of recipes! My eyes were popping everywhere :p
Congrats on being futured in the Huffington post!
Thanks so much, Sara! It’s always so hard to pick just a few favorites. 🙂
Umm, yes, so while that’s an amazing list of tasty recipes, my mind can’t shake that chocolate pumpkin pots de creme. That’s what I want. And I don’t even celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. 🙂
Ha, ha! I must admit, it was pretty tasty. 🙂