We all know that an anti-candida diet is essential when you’re fighting the beast that is yeast, and there’s a whole list of “do not eat” comestibles. But I think there’s a special category within the anti-candida diet that I refer to as “Anti-Candida Superstar Foods.”
Superstar foods are the ones that can actively help your healing along, in one of four main ways:
- They actively kill off some of the excess fungus and yeast in the body (ie, anti-fungal foods);
- They help to reduce inflammation, thereby allowing your own immune system to operate more effectively (anti-inflammatory foods);
- They help to heal leaky gut, which is almost always an issue with candida (healing foods); and
- They actively boost the immune system, allowing your body to effectively heal itself (immune-boosting foods).
I’m going to add one more “Honorable Mention” category, too: Hypo-allergenic foods–that is, those foods least likely to spur allergic reactions–which will also lessen the load on the immune system.
I’ll deal with each of these categories in a separate video as part of the “Anti-Candida Superstar Foods” series.
In today’s video, I talk about my top three choices for anti-fungal foods that actively help to reduce the amount of yeast an fungus in the body.
Let me know in the comments: Do you eat these foods regularly? What’s your favorite way to cook and eat them?
- Which oil contains two potent anti-fungal compounds, and why you may want to watch the quantities you eat
- Which saturated fat is actually good for the immune system, the heart and easier to digest
- Which people should consider reduce the amount of healthy fats they eat
- The broad-spectrum antimicrobial that won’t kill off the “good” bacteria when you take it–so you can safely eat probiotics at the same time!
- A common root vegetable that is said to have powerful antifungal properties
- How to incorporate these three foods into everyday menus
- The Sweet Life Club
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Black Bean Fudge recipe
- Avocado Pesto Dressing recipe
- PubMed article
- Potato-Free Hash Browns recipe
- Rutabaga Gratin recipe
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about sugar-free living! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!