We all know that an anti-candida diet is essential when you’re fighting the beast that is yeast, and there’s a whole list of “do not eat” comestibles. But I think there’s a special category within the anti-candida diet that I refer to as “Anti-Candida Superstar Foods.”
Superstar foods are the ones that can actively help your healing along, in one of four main ways:
- They actively kill off some of the excess fungus and yeast in the body (ie, anti-fungal foods);
- They help to reduce inflammation, thereby allowing your own immune system to operate more effectively (anti-inflammatory foods);
- They help to heal leaky gut, which is almost always an issue with candida (healing foods); and
- They actively boost the immune system, allowing your body to effectively heal itself (immune-boosting foods).
I’m going to add one more “Honorable Mention” category, too: Hypo-allergenic foods–that is, those foods least likely to spur allergic reactions–which will also lessen the load on the immune system.
I’ll deal with each of these categories in a separate video as part of the “Anti-Candida Superstar Foods” series.
In today’s video, I talk about my top five picks for foods that help to heal the gut. This is essential for anyone with candida, as leaky gut can prolong the healing process.
Let me know in the comments: Do you eat these gut-healing foods regularly? What’s your favorite way to cook and eat them?
- How to get all the benefits of bone broth–without eating bones
- Which single vegetable is known to heal leaky gut and ulcers–and the best way to acquire it
- Which fats can actually help to heal your leaky gut while killing candida
- One non-food plant that you can eat, and is remarkable for healing leaky gut
- How to incorporate these foods into your everyday menus
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Fresh Blueberries
- Raw Almond-Veggie Pate
- Cabbage Delight Salad
- Raw Nori Rolls
- Anti-Candida Superstar Foods Part 1
- Fermented Foods–Yea or Nay?
- Top 10 Ways to Use Leftover Sauerkraut Juice
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!