When I first started following an anti-candida diet, having so many food restrictions made me feel incredibly deprived. I mean, no more cake? No more pasta? No more ice cream? No more CHOCOLATE????
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I didn’t feel that way for long. So much of how we react to any new diet is first, in our minds (and second, on our plates–chocolate made a re-appearance pretty quickly).
Of course it can feel like deprivation when you remove some of your favorite foods from your diet. But with the right approach, that doesn’t have to be the case at all.
To me, the opposite is true of my diet today: not only do I not feel deprived, I feel as if I’ve been given a gift. (I know; that sounds cliche. But it’s actually true).
How do you move from deprivation to celebration? I talk about the key shift required in this video.
Question: Have you learned to eat within dietary restrictions in a way that feels easy and freeing? What did you do to make that shift happen for you?
- Why dietary restrictions can lead to feelings of deprivation
- My first experience on my anti-candida diet and how it impacted my behavior after that
- The surprising approach that I learned about at a party
- Reframing how we talk about feeling deprived
- Exciting news!
- Sign up to be the first to learn about RECLAIM
- One-on-One Coaching with Ricki
- The Candida Kick-Start program (self-study)
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Video: Do You Feel Deprived on Your Restricted Diet?
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!