It’s almost Mother’s Day! Will you be celebrating this year?
While the kitchen is no longer the sole domain of “Mother” nowadays, I bet she’d still love a break from cooking on her special day. Why not prepare one of these special recipes for your beloved Mama, and show her how much you care?
Here are some of my favorite brunch dishes on the blog.
- Faux Kombucha: bubbly, fruity, totally yummy (all stages).
- Carrot Colada: Creamy indulgence from Shirley of Gluten-Free Easily (maintenance).
- Ginger-Mint Iced Tea: so refreshing! (all stages)
- Green Mojito Smoothie from my friend Tess of The Blender Girl (Stage 2 and beyond).
- Cool Matcha Latte: my favorite tea makes an appearance in this gorgeous green latte! (all stages).
[Clockwise from large photo: Strawberry-Cucumber Salad; Creamy Basil Pasta Salad; Creamy Broccoli Salad with Garlic Crunch Topper; Kale Salad, Fully Loaded.]
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad from Jennifer Fugo of Gluten Free School: naturally sweet, crunchy, juicy (stage 2 and beyond).
- Quinoa Salad with Buckwheat and Goji Berries (or Cranberries): one of the first quinoa salads I made, this one is always a crowd pleaser (stage 3 and beyond).
- Creamy Basil Pasta Salad: what’s a brunch without a yummy pasta salad? (stage 3 and beyond).
- Kale Salad, Fully Loaded: infinitely adaptable, this is one of the most popular recipes on my blog (all stages).
- Olive Quinoa Salad with Olive Shortbreads: whether or not you make the accompanying shortbreads, this salad is quite the showstopper! (stge 3 and beyond).
- Magical Peach and Arugula Salad from Amie Valpone
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Garlic Crunch Topper: I love a good broccoli slaw, but florets in a creamy dressing are even prettier! (stage 3 and beyond)
- Asian Napa Cabbage Salad: the alluring combination of dressing ingredients will make a convert of even the most stubborn salad-avoider! (all stages if Braggs is used in place of soy sauce and apple cider vinegar used in place of the vinegar).
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with Blueberries and Fresh Blueberry Vinaigrette (stage 2 and beyond).
- Best Home Fries EVER: a bold statement, I know. But even after decades of trying other recipes, these remain my favorite. (all stages if redskinned potatoes are used).
- Smoky Almond Gravy: great on baked sweet potato wedges or biscuits (stage 2 and beyond).
- Caramelized Onion Gravy: use anywhere you’d use any gravy! (stage 2 and beyond).
[Clockwise from large photo: Panera’s Knockoff Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake (see Desserts, below); Classic Quiche; Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Pudding; Quinoa Frittata; Apple-Pumpkin Crumble Bars; Carob-Buckwheat Pancakes with Chopped Almonds and Chips.]
- Grainfree Waffles with Strawberry Cream Topping: crisp on the outside, soft and moist on the inside, with a rich strawberry cream on top (or use the ice cream, below). (stage 2 and beyond)
- Caramel Whip: an alternative topping for waffles or pancakes. The ingredients may surprise you, but it really does taste like caramel! (all stages)
- Egg-Free Quinoa Frittata: super easy to make and very satisfying. (all stages).
- Carob-Buckwheat Pancakes with Almonds and Chocolate Chips: these are in my top 3 pancake recipes of all time (and I LOVE pancakes!). Use seeds (or more chips) instead of the almonds if you’re allergic (stage 2 and beyond).
- French Toast Souffle with Summer Berries: a great way to have the enjoyment of French Toast without the fuss. For gluten-free, use GF bread (maintenance).
- Breakfast Sausage “Patties”: surprisingly meaty tasting! Great with biscuits and gravy. (all stages)
- Classic Vegan Quiche: rich-tasting, creamy, chock full of veggies. A real crowd-pleaser! (all stages).
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Pudding: an easy casserole bake that can be served warm or at room temperature (stage 2 and beyond).
- Apple Pumpkin Crumble Bars: yes, I love pumpkin all year round! These grain-free bars aren’t too sweet, so perfect for a brunch table (stage 2 and beyond).
- Giant Baked Upside Down Apple Pancake: a little more cakey than regular pancakes, and so much easier to make than “one at a time” in the pan! (stage 2 and beyond).
[Clockwise from large photo: Chocolate Chestnut Mousse Tarts; Nectarine Shortcakes (made with Grain-Free Coconut Flour Biscuits, below); Raw Apricot Swirl Mini Cheesecakes; Frosted Chocolate Potato Cake Donuts; Chocolate Caramel Slice Bars; Rustic Glazed Peach and Mascarpone Torte with Baked Oatcake Crust.]
- Double Ginger Quinoa Scones: these grain-free scones are not too sweet and perfect with fruit topping or nut butter. (all stages)
- Grain Free Coconut Flour Biscuits: perfect on their own or slathered in gravy.
- Chocolate Frosted Potato Cake Donuts: cakey, chocolate goodness topped with a pretty pink frosting (stage 3 and beyond).
- Stellar Strawberry Ice Cream: make it pretty in pink for mom! (stage 2 and beyond). This rich and easy ice cream is easy to make and oh-so-impressive.
- Happy Hemp 2-Bite Brownies: baby fudgy brownies (so you can eat more than one) (stage 3 and beyond).
- Black Forest Cookie Dough Truffles: a quick-mix truffle combining cherries and chocolate–so divine! (stage 3 and beyond).
- Mini Sweet Potato Muffins with Chocolate Chips: a fun mini-treat so you can still enjoy more of the other desserts! (stage
- Chocolate Caramel Slice: no-bake and easy to make, these are rich-tasting and totally irresistible. (Stage 3 and beyond).
- Raw Apricot Swirl Mini Cheesecakes: creamy, fruity, no-bake treats (stage 2 and beyond).
- Mint Nanaimo Bars: 3-layer bars with creamy mint filling and 2 different chocolate layers (all stages).
- Rustic Glazed Peach and Mascarpone Tart with Oatcake Crust: a cakey base topped with ultra-rich “mascarpone” and peaches (stage 3 and beyond).
- Chocolate Chestnut Mousse Tarts: perfectly satiny, deep chocolate tarts that are super easy to make (or just make the mousse and serve in a large pretty bowl for scooping!) (stage 3 and beyond).
- Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake: my version of the Panera’s coffee cake is always a hit at any gathering! (stage 3 and beyond).
- Chocolate Berry Swirl Cheesecake: use seasonal raspberries or strawberries in this beauty and wow your mom! (stage 2 and beyond).
- Breakfast Carrot Cake: is it breakfast or dessert? Why not both? (stage 2 and beyond).
Hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day (or just “Sunday”!). 😀
“Mum, you know that Chaser and I would cook brunch for you if we could. . . but since we can’t, how about we just look cute, and you give us some treats instead?”
Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
Leave a Reply