I often hear from people who’ve adopted healthier diets who tell me, “There are so many weird and new foods. I just can’t see myself ever loving them as much as I love my normal foods.”
Have you felt that way about your healthy diet? Do you believe that you will never enjoy eating this way as much as you enjoyed your previous foods?
It’s totally understandable that if you have recently begun a new diet and the ingredients are new to you, you may find them different or challenging. I remember being a little freaked out by okra, for instance, or psyllium husks when I first learned about them. (There are actually lots of ways to make this transition easier, and these are steps I teach to clients when we work together).
But the most important thing to note is that you can learn to love these foods just as much as (or more than) your “normal” diet. And once you do, there will be no reason to go back to the old way of eating, ever again.
In today’s video, I talk about how the transition can happen–either the easy way or the hard way. (You want to take the easy way!)
I share my own experience so that you can avoid the hardships that I went through when I first made the switch.
Do you feel as if you truly love your new diet yet? Do you believe that you can get there? Let me know in the comments!
- My tough adjustment to living in a much smaller town when I went away to university and the intense unhappiness I felt
- How those years away turned into some of the happiest years of my life
- Dan Gilbert’s studies on happiness and the happiness levels of paraplegics and those who won millions in the lottery–and where they were a year later
- How our brain works on our level of happiness and adaptation
- How adjusting to a new diet is different from adjusting to different life circumstances
- How I made the transition to eating a different way
- What I do about my “healthy” diet during the holidays
- What can get you over the “hump” of learning to love your new foods
- New workshop coming up soon all about how to get through the holidays!
- GET THE FREE Guide, “Three Simple Shifts to Stick with It Right Now!” Sign up to grab it here.
- SIGN UP for a free clarity call with me to see how I can support you
- JOIN my Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- GRAB A COPY of Living Candida-Free (Book) OR
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!